Sunday, August 10, 2008

Friday

This is the lovely breakfast room at our bed and breakfast. They brought our toast to the table in a little toast divider! Everything was so cute.

Friday we spent the morning in Stratford touring various Shakespeare sites. Some of them were really great. Some of them were kinda cheesy.
Shakespeare's birthplace. Cheesy. Mostly because of the "reproduction" everything in the house. "This is what it might have looked like based on the fashion of the time". The Mary Arden and Anne Hathaway houses are all full of authentic period furniture and a lot of it is original to the house so the birthplace seemed trite. Also the huge tourist group who came in right after us didn't help...

Shakespeare's grave. Cool. He was buried in the church instead of in the graveyard outside which means he gave $$$ to the church. Everyone at the church was so nice.

Also visited were Shakespeare's daughter's house and other assorted historic sites in town. By the end I was a little Shakespeared out...

After Stratford we journeyed to Warwick Castle. Sponsored by none other than...

ancestry.co.uk!!!
That's the company my dad works for!!!

The Castle (I bet you guessed that)

The courtyard

The trebuchet which is the largest in the world!

1 comment:

Leah said...

Oh wow Quinn would have LOVED the trebuchet. One time we had to watch this PBS special that was like 7 hours long on how to build a trebuchet... I'm pretty sure that I slept through most of it. Quinn could not get enough.