Or finishing the paint job I started in the bathroom more than 6 months ago...
Or dejunking the boys room of all the broken or lame toys...
Or getting rid of the clutter on the bookcase that is the first thing you see when you walk into my house (I won't even mention the desk in the same room)...
Not that any of this is new. Just ask my sister Leah, she hated sharing a room with me growing up. I distinctly remember my mom coming in one day, seeing all of my clothes on the floor and telling me "It looks like a department store threw up in here!"
All of this has made me think a lot lately about the two things that seem to bother me the most about myself. #1 I am not ridiculously thin. #2 I am not able to keep my house organized.
I recently realized that I am the only person obsessing about what I am not.
So this post, even though it has a bunch of pictures showing what I don't do, is going to finish up with what I am.
I am happy.
I am a good mom and I love my boys.
I am so in love with my husband it is probably sickening.
I am a daughter and a sister and I love my family and I know they love me.
I am a good friend and love a good laugh with the girls.
I am blessed.
So as I start this new semester (which involves Anatomy and Chemistry so pray for me people!) I am going to focus more on the things I am and less on the things I am not.

6 comments:
Your not the only one that thinks about what you expect you should be doing. Hits me all the time.
By the way - the first thing I saw when I went to Edinburgh was walking off the metro and right into the middle of a Strong Man contest where a bunch of guys were holding 5 foot claymores directly in front of themselves to see who could hold out the longest - I've been in love with Scotland ever since.
Great Post Alta! Thanks for speaking for me, that's exactly how I feel too. Good luck this semester.
Alta I clicked on your link from Emily's page, this post totally is what I have been thinking lately, thanks for ending it on a good note. I haven't seen the light at the end of the tunnel lately. I enjoyed your trip pictures.
oh if you can't figure out who I am, I am Amy Stoddard, well Amy Hunter now.
Loved this post. I am glad you see all the good qualities you have. I have always admired that about you! Good luck with the clean up!
OH my goodness Alta! I totally love you like beyond belief... that was indeed one of the best blogs of my existence, I quite like the vomitting department store... the idea holds a certain resemblance to my own room...
Post a Comment