After church we wandered around Hyde Park and through Speakers Corner. We were disappointed by the lack of weirdos. There were only a few.
Sunday afternoon we saw King Lear at the Globe. This was a great show to end our London experience. It was amazing. I mean, any show where you get to see a man's eyeballs pulled out on stage is a winner in my book... No really, it was such a great show. The man playing Lear was just amazing. And at the end of the show the cast came out singing a haunting melody for the curtain call that just gave me goose bumps all over.
Hello Scotland!
Tuesday morning was a quick tech. rehearsal and great performance then in the afternoon we spent some time (in the rain) advertising for the show we were doing. When I say we, I mean everyone but me. I ran the lights and bought props. I am not an actor.
Tuesday night we saw a super funny opera called The Two Widows. And then we went to a silly bar called Frankenstein and had chips (fries) and coke for a late night snack.
Wednesday after the show (yay, they did a great job) we went to lunch with Scott's friend Joey. He lives in England and arranged for his monthly business trip to Scotland to be this week so he could see Scott perform.
Wednesday after the show (yay, they did a great job) we went to lunch with Scott's friend Joey. He lives in England and arranged for his monthly business trip to Scotland to be this week so he could see Scott perform.
Thursday we got up and headed to the airport to fly home. Boo hoo. I love Europe. Well, I love England and Scotland and kind of like France. Maybe France isn't so yucky outside of Paris... So because we can't have an uneventful trip home, I had a Get Smart moment with a barf bag on the plane from Scotland to NY. Then at JFK (which has RATS in the customs area. No really!) our plane got switched 30 min. before we were supposed to take off. So they had to move all the luggage and the food which wouldn't fit in the new plane because it was set up differently so then they had to order new food which took FOREVER! So by the time the plane is ready to go (2 hours after we were supposed to leave) we look out the window and see this:
But I don't want to end on a bad note. I loved this trip. It was amazing. Stay tuned for blogs of my favorite pictures and favorite places. (Scott took over 3,700 pictures so it may take a while to sift through them...) And don't forget Scott has been blogging about all of this too! His blog is here.

3 comments:
Wow, it looks like you guys had an amazing time! I'm so glad you were able to go.
We've had a horrible time flying through JFK too, sorry to hear it hasn't improved.
Hey gorgeous pictures! I am glad you are having a good time! Nate is going to Houston Texas! He is going into the MTC November 19th!
I am SO super jealous! What a fabulous vacation! (I started Blog Stalking you today.... hope you don't mind!! :))
Post a Comment