Thursday, October 23, 2008

October adventures

Yesterday Scott and I had a rare moment where we were both home and so we took the kids for the obligatory trip to the pumpkin patch.


Eomer quickly found a huge round pumpkin.


Celeborn humored us and picked one. I think he is still harboring resentful feelings for last year when he spent about an hour picking the perfect pumpkin and I didn't guard it well enough and a little girl decided it was the perfect one for her. What was I supposed to do, take a pumpkin away from a little girl?


Aragorn hunted in his own way...


And then the little boys ran around the "maze".

And here's a funny story...

I had a mysterious plant show up in my side flower bed this summer. Being the curious gal I am I decided to leave it and see what happened. It grew about 20 miniature pumpkins!!! Jackpot!

5 comments:

Rosie and Derek said...

Fun! And I think it's awesome that you accidentally grew miniature pumpkins!!

Nicole B. said...

Yay for the pumpkin patch! I was boring this year and just went to Albertsons--but I did get a cool white pumpkin. Do you think Em planted the pumpkins without you knowing? She likes to do stuff like that and you were gone for a whole month!

Anna said...

I love the mysterious pumpkins.... a real Haunted Halloween mystery!

Yennigirl said...

That is so cool about the mini pumpkins! I wonder where they came from. I love "accidents" like that!

Brenda said...

Last year I got pumpkins for the kids and they rotted on the back porch. I know I am a great mother. I need a plant that would just spontaneously sprout mini pumpkins. That would be great. Have fun carving your pumpkins.