Monday, November 17, 2008

Post-op

Well, surgery is over. The doctor removed his tonsils and adenoids then tackled the massive infection. The hope was that they would be able to get the infection cleaned out from the inside after the right tonsil came out. No such luck. The doctor had to make an incision in Aragorn's neck to get to the abscess. Right now he is trying to sleep off the anesthesia but he is not a happy camper. He likes to sit up and start pulling the tubes and wires off. I don't blame him. He is sick of being here.

We are hoping for a Wednesday release if all goes well. Right now we just have to wait.

Thank you to all of you for thoughts and prayers.

7 comments:

Hansens said...

Poor little guy. At least maybe the doctor got out all of the things that can cause problems right? One can only hope. Give him a hug for us and we'll continue to pray for all of you.

Brenda said...

I'm glad he has made it through surgery. That sounds like quite an ordeal for such a little boy. I hope he is feeling better soon.

Heather S. said...

Oh boy, that is going to be a yucky recovery! Good Luck with everything!

@emllewellyn said...

Awww poor thing! Let me know if I can supply any extra popsicles or or ice cream! Here's to an extra-speedy recovery! And just remind him-- chicks dig scars.

Julie said...

I've already called and left a couple of messages. I'm glad to hear that he's MOSTLY okay. Jay's message relay to me sounded like it was a HORRIBLE prognosis!

Way to go on the medical terminology! I love that stuff too! I'm here to make dinners and whatever for your family! I make good cold cereal and mac and cheese!

Janice said...

Tell Aragorn there's a little package coming for him. Maybe it'll cheer him up. Please give him a hug from all of us.

LeMira said...

I can say that I can relate to the post-op experience. They just don't quite understand, and it's so hard to watch them struggle with it all. Hang in there-- we're thinking of you!