So last night I went with my friends Emily, Jenny and Nicole to see the vampire movie. We had so much fun!!! I haven't ever laughed that hard in a drama before!Now, I mean no offense to the die-hard Twilight fans but COME ON! You have to admit that the movie was a bit on the cheesy side.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the books. They are not super well written, but whatev. They are fun so it was easy to dismiss the mediocre writing. I also think it is great that so many young girls are reading the books. My sister Rebekah is not the voracious reader that I am but she is reading the series for the second time. Just like Harry Potter got kids reading again, the Twilight series is doing the same. It's a good thing.
To be honest, I think a big reason the Twilight series is so popular is because they are "safe" romance novels. No sex, but heavy make-outs stopping just in time... but I digress.
I had fun at the movie but mostly because I could not stop laughing. Jasper's hair and zombie expression, all of the heavy-handed and obvious white make-up jobs (side note: if vampires have white faces, shouldn't their necks be white too?), the really awkward scene where Edward reveals his sparkly skin... I could go on and on.
...I had to come back and mention the music. Whoever was in charge should be shot!
To be honest, I think a big reason the Twilight series is so popular is because they are "safe" romance novels. No sex, but heavy make-outs stopping just in time... but I digress.
I had fun at the movie but mostly because I could not stop laughing. Jasper's hair and zombie expression, all of the heavy-handed and obvious white make-up jobs (side note: if vampires have white faces, shouldn't their necks be white too?), the really awkward scene where Edward reveals his sparkly skin... I could go on and on.
...I had to come back and mention the music. Whoever was in charge should be shot!

5 comments:
I had so much fun with you guys last night! We really do need to rent it when it comes out and have a sleepover...
I had such a blast last night. I haven't laughed that hard for a long time! Jasper was by far my favorite character. He looked like he stuck his finger in a light socket and then someone shoved a rod up his bum. I'm really glad that I used the restroom before the movie started, or I may have been in trouble :-)
Soooo funny I have not read the books or even been interested in reading them. But I went today with my friend and I will see them all but yeah very cheesy! My friend thought for sure I would love it but no! I will only see them so i know what happens without having to read them! Lol!
I have to agree with your analysis, poorly written? definitely ... But, Fun? Oh yeah! And I love a movie that makes me laugh on accident... I'll have to see it
I think they prefer to be called "Twihards"
Post a Comment