This is just the portion from the hospital. Granted, it will be the biggest bill but we will also see bills from the ER doctors, the surgeon, the anesthesiologist, the radiologist and others. When it all adds up I am sure it will be near $30,000.
This is where the story has a happy ending. Aragorn has Medicaid. Thank you to all of you out there who pay taxes so that people like me can get an education and still pay the bills. I like to let you know what some of your taxes pay for so maybe it won't hurt so much come April. And, I promise to get a great job in a few years and pay plenty in taxes to help the next person!
As a side note: I know how some people feel about state and federal assistance. If you are unhappy that your tax dollars will help me pay this bill, please contact your senator, not me.
This is where the story has a happy ending. Aragorn has Medicaid. Thank you to all of you out there who pay taxes so that people like me can get an education and still pay the bills. I like to let you know what some of your taxes pay for so maybe it won't hurt so much come April. And, I promise to get a great job in a few years and pay plenty in taxes to help the next person!
As a side note: I know how some people feel about state and federal assistance. If you are unhappy that your tax dollars will help me pay this bill, please contact your senator, not me.

5 comments:
I know I will never complain about paying taxes for all that they did for our medical bills when Jackson and Clarissa were born! I'm just happy that Aragorn is doing better.
Whew, that's the kind of bill you *never* want to get!!! Thank goodness he's covered by Medicaid!
If it makes you feel better: a friend of mine was in a car accident a few weeks ago-
She's a public employee for the State of Arizona, and thankfully has good insurance.
Her initial bills came in from the hospital, and just the 3 weeks in the hospital was $285,000. Next comes a couple hundred more in physical therapy and reconstructive surgery...
She was laughing about the fact that she's the highest paid public employee in Arizona this year, other than the football coaches at the universities...
Our family has also taken a turn to use our fair share of tax dollars.... I'm glad you get to have a turn too. That's what it's there for and whew.... I'm glad you don't have to pay that one!! YIKES!!
Honestly it's crazy how much medical bills add up! I'm happy to contribute to the health of any little guy, especially one as cute as yours :) So glad he's on the mend, they bounce back so quickly don't they?
Post a Comment