Good food is a big part of my life. From my favorite dinner at Carraba's to my love affair with Coke, I am always on the lookout for good things to put in my mouth. And now a note to a friend...
Dear Chad,
After finding the bliss that is the Candy Cane Joe-Joe at the Trader Joe's near your home, I find that I crave them on a regular basis. I have shared their deliciousness with our mutual friend Peter who has since become my personal Trader Joe's shuttle bus when he visits California.
(thanks Pete!)
I truly thought that a store-bought cookie could not get any better. I mean really, I can never eat an Oreo again without thinking of how inferior it is in comparison. Then you brought me the gift to mankind that is the dark chocolate covered peppermint Joe Joe. I knew they would be good. How can you go wrong when you combine this tasty cookie with dark chocolate. Oh. my. gosh. I was not expecting them to be THAT good!!!
Thank you for what is probably the best Christmas present I have ever recieved!
Love, Alta
And now, a note on a personal victory today. Scott and I (after shoveling what felt like 200 feet of snow off the driveway), rearranged the crap very important stuff in the garage so I could park my van inside. This became necessary as it turns out that the sliding doors freeze shut EVERY time it snows. We had this problem once or twice with our Kia but I guess Toyota's are more susceptible.

So we've been in this house for 2 years and now we can finally park both cars in the garage. Yay for me!
And now I will share with you a quick, easy, and delicious dinner that my friend Susie introduced us to. We call it noodles with tomatoes and cheese because it is just that.
elbow noodles
diced Tomatoes
V-8
cubed cheddar cheese
First you boil elbow noodles to your desired softness, drain the water, then dump in a can of diced tomatoes (juice and all), and a can of V-8. Serve with cubed cheddar cheese. Really, it's that easy!

6 comments:
YAY for parking both cars in the garage!!! You will never be able to go back to just regular parking in the snow... it's not the same. Plus my personal favorite is that you can hide out in the basement and nobody knows your home! I love the picture of Scott and Aragorn, they have the same facial expression. Classic!!!
Thanks for the shout-out.
I'm toasting your fine blog post with a cup of PomJuice.
I've never parked a car in a garage, as my parents never had one. Ours has always been too full of junk to use- now it is full of guitars and motorcycles.
And in honor of your dinner suggestion, we are having a pasta dish tonight also.
Cheers *clink*
Garage? Garage? I didn't know you had a garage! Awesome photo! Looks gorgeous!
Alta, I have those cookies in my cupboard right now! They are the best!
I loved the food love affair. I have one too. We don't live anywhere near a Trader Joes though, so I have some Costco chocolate mint cookies . . . probably not as good. We've always had a 2 car garage that only one car can fit in and sometimes can fit zero. I salute you and wish your guys would come clean out my garage for me!!
I love food too! Check out my new food blog...
http://iheartallthingsfood.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment