
I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty happy about the fact that we don't have any babies at our house. This is a new feeling for me. I have spent the majority of my marriage trying to have babies. The first time I miscarried Scott and I had been married less than a year and it wasn't that big of a deal to me because I was sure it was a one-time thing. Fortunately my next pregnancy worked out and we got to have Celeborn but none of them have worked out since (and I lost track after number 4 or 5). Trying to have a family has been the main issue for nearly 15 years leading us through many "fun" fertility treatments, foster parenting, and adoption.
But here I am feeling really content for the first time ever! For the first time in my life I can see a pregnant woman and not hate her. I can hear a woman say that she is not happy about being pregnant and not wish that she would miscarry so she would shut up. I can hold a baby and enjoy the fact that I have to give it back.
I am really happy to be back in school. It is hard work and every now and then I think about quitting but I am nearly half way through and that is really exciting to me! I look forward to the adventures Scott and I can have once our boys are grown up.
Now that being said, sometimes I am afraid that this time is going by too quickly so I've been taking mental snapshots to remember life right now because some things just can't be captured on film.
- Celeborn and Aragorn sitting next to each other in church. Both are writing in notebooks but Aragorn is leaning up against Celeborn. -click-
- The sparkle in Eomer's eyes when you tell him he is doing something really well. -click-
- Scott and I sitting in the sun on the deck talking about nothing and everything. -click-
- Celeborn chasing his cousin Acel around grandma and grandpa's house. Their laughter is like magic. -click-
For our date Saturday Scott and I saw an amazing play called Little Happy Secrets. Go read about it on his blog!

6 comments:
So glad to hear that you're content:)! Great post Alta!
Wow, isn't that an incredible feeling getting to that point where you've overcome the hurt and anger and everything else that goes along with the trials we face. You are amazing!
I'm glad you are taking time to remember these sweet moments, I have a hard time believing I'm going to miss the noise and messes, but one day it's gonna end.
Thank you for sharing!
Love your post Alta! I would like to tell you that I love you if I could!
What a great post, Alta! I have been there too many times as well and it is such a relief to just be content and move past that feeling. I love the click idea, so many great moments that just keep passing.
Thank you!
Alta...
It's been a while, but your blog really touched me. It took Gordon and I 10 years of marriage to get our two kids, so I know how you feel.
I'm also at that point where I can hear about pregnancy and not feel hurt. It did take a while.
Nice to be content, eh?
:)
Amie
So glad you're at this content place now!
Post a Comment