I am a firm believer that most of life's problems can be solved with baked goods. Well, maybe not solved, but they do make me feel better (hence my size... not 6 pants). But you know what I've decided? If being a size 6 means I can't enjoy food or I have to work out for hours to "burn it off" then I'm not interested!
...I digress. I give unto you the Peanut Butter Brownie.
You can thank me later.
...I digress. I give unto you the Peanut Butter Brownie.
You can thank me later.
1 1/2 cups softened butter
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups peanut butter (the good stuff like Adam's)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups flour
3 cups oatmeal (I like to use quick oats for a finer texture)
Preheat oven to 350ยบ. Whip butter and sugars together and then add eggs, peanut butter and vanilla. Mix well then add dry ingredients. Press dough out onto a 12 x 17 jelly roll pan. Bake for 14-17 minutes or until the edges are just slightly turning brown. Any longer and the brownie won't be soft. Cool well and frost.
Hershey's Chocolate Frosting (from the back of the cocoa can)
1 stick of softened butter
2/3 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup milk
3 cups powdered sugar
Beat butter in medium bowl. Add powdered sugar and cocoa alternately with milk, beating to spreading consistency. Add vanilla.
I modified this recipe a tad from the original as I wanted a moister brownie. If a huge pan is too much for you, cut the ingredients in half and bake it in a 9x13 pan instead.
This is a healthy brownie because of the oatmeal and peanut butter!
Oh, and... you're welcome.
This is a healthy brownie because of the oatmeal and peanut butter!
Oh, and... you're welcome.

11 comments:
Sounds yummy! I will definitely have to try it for sure. =)
Alta I think this recipe just solved all my problems. Thanks!!!
YUM!! I definitely need to try these!
Ummmm... I'm going to have to ask you where you got this recipe. Your licence and registration, ma'am.
That's MY recipe!!!
It's ok. I give it to everyone, for the same reason you just shared it. It is very, very therapeutic.
LOL
Love,
Ruth
Seriously you just solved my problems, I can't wait to try this recipe!!!! Sounds so flippin good and I've just been going back and forth about how to loose my baby weight and I seem to be surrounded with people counting calories. I decided that I could NEVER pass up baked goods, I love them too much and there is nothing better than warm gooey cookies straight from the oven, would I be happy watching others enjoy while I sit back and refrain just so I could be a certain size, NOPE!!!!!
Thank you Alta!!!! I just printed this off and they look oh so good!!!
The batch that you made last night at mom's house... I took it ALL home with me today! So delish!!! What can I say? I am a pregnant lady with out girl scout cookies, I have to get my fix somehow.
I love you Alta! You and your brownies rock. I can't wait to try them. Do you want to come over and eat them with me?
My receipe book is filled with dessert receipes calling for AT LEAST 1 1/2 cups of butter. MMMMM, butter! Thus, why I'm not a size 6 either. (or an 8) I agree with you...it must be worth the calories which is why your receipe will be devoured by my family this weekend!
Double Calorie THANKS!
I am totally making these tonight! Thanks!
My roommate has offically made the peanut butter brownies and we are going to have salmon and a spinach salad for dinner and then we are going to wash it down with a nice fatty dessert. Yum, that's the best :)Couldn't live without those desserts.
School Lunch Peanut Butter Bars!!! These were always my favs at school. Thanks so much for the recipe. I can't wait to make them.
Post a Comment