Saturday, July 18, 2009

The theater giveth...

and the theater taketh away...


Scott had been working on his mane for over a year now. He just doesn't cut it unless he needs to for a show, which some people think is weird and some are outright judgmental about. This is Utah Valley after all so if you have long hair you must be bad. I really liked it though. He is acting in a short movie in a few weeks and playing Mark Twain this fall so off it went.
Of course, he's handsome no matter what...



As for me and my hormonal hell... miscarriage gives you all the benefits of a postpartum emotional roller coaster without a cute baby to hold. Mostly I'm okay but this is no tea party. I find myself happy one minute and then sobbing the next. I feel like blogging about it is helpful because I don't think people talk about miscarriage much. It's like, since you didn't actually lose a child, it's not that big of a deal. This is my 6th but was by far the worst. I usually miscarry at about 6 or 7 weeks which means I have a really heavy, painful period. This time I was 11 weeks and so I had a D&C procedure which is surgery to remove the pregnancy and is just as unpleasant as it sounds. We have been well taken care of though and truly appreciate the help and many kind thoughts and words. I am looking forward to a family vacation we will be taking in 2 weeks and I have worked out my fall schedule of classes and am really excited about school.
It's good to stay positive :-)

8 comments:

scrambled brains said...

Alta,
You are wonderfully honest and I just love that about you! Also, thank you for your comment on my blog--it made me cry and warmed my heart.
Keep mending!
Heidi

@emllewellyn said...

*snuggle*

scrambled brains said...

P.S. I hardly recognized Scott! But it'll grow back :).

Karen said...

We've been there with the hair thing. Our current family disruption is over Dwayne's haircut. Dexter has managed to work with his long hair in his theatrical roles by tucking it down the back of his shirt, wearing a wig over it, or by using the long hair in all its glory.

I've had a couple of D&C's and they are not pleasant in the least. I'm sorry you're having to go through this. The worst part is probably that twinge of guilt you feel when you realize you are kind of relieved the pregnancy didn't go full term. Your life gets turned upside down by the unexpected pregnancy, yet you are crushed by the loss when it happens. So tough to go through! My thoughts are with you.

Hansens said...

Scott looks good no matter how his hair is. Good luck with the movie.

As for you're other situation, you are one of the strongest people I know. You're doing the best you can and that means you are doing a very good job of it. Glad you are able to move along with your othr plans and staying positive.

Unknown said...

With the long hair, Scott makes a better Porter (Rockwell) than I do.

I'm so very sorry to hear about your loss. I'm glad that you have the love and support of your friends and family to help you through such as heart-rending experience.

Heather S. said...

Wow, Scott's hair is short!!!

I am so glad that you guys get to go on vacation soon! It will be a much needed break!

Yennigirl said...

I think I like the short, but that's just me!

I know just how you feel and what you went through with the D&C - I was 16 weeks so was in maternity clothes and showing etc. It was HUGE for us and yet no one talks about it and it's HARD! I totally understand. Wish I was there to give you a hug!!