Monday, October 26, 2009

U2


Last Friday Scott and I went to Las Vegas to see U2.  I have loved them forever and have never been able to see them live.  It was an incredible concert!!!



the stage before the show


Adam on the base

 

Bono up close

We were in the most amazing spot thanks to our friends Pete and Melissa who hooked us up with floor admission and the secret to getting in the inner ring!  Even with all the crazies (people in Vegas like to get really drunk), it was an excellent show.


This album, No Line on the Horizon, wasn't my favorite when I first listened to it, but it has really grown on me and many of the songs became even better when I read the lyrics.  I really like what U2 has to say and that they use their celebrity status to do a lot of good in the world.


I love these lyrics:

"

Only love, only love can leave such a mark

But only love, only love can heal such a scar
"


And got a huge kick out of these:

"The right to appear ridiculous is something I hold dear"


 
 

3 comments:

Jo Lynn said...

I'm my gosh I'm so so jealous! How fun, we actually had some close friends in our ward go all the way to vegas to see them live! I'm so glad you enjoyed it, how could you not though? Love the lyrics you chose! :)

Rosie and Derek said...

Oh I'm SO jealous!!! I hope you had a great time!

Anonymous said...

The right to appear ridiculous is something I hold dear as well. I knew Bono and I were meant for each other... in a father/daughter way maybe.