Monday, November 16, 2009

What I do when I am avoiding studying...



I decided to repaint my bedroom and get new linens.  The last time I bought bedding was when we moved into our house in Orem in 2001.  I LOVE my new room!  When I wake up in the morning, I have a smile on my face.  Did you know that duvet covers make a certain noise?  We have always had a comforter and this time I went with a feather duvet and a beautiful duvet cover from Ikea.  They rustle.  I don't know how to explain it but they make a crinkly rustling noise when they move.  It is a noise that sounds like luxury.  Also I found 400 thread-count sheets on clearance.  I get the thread-count thing now.  Hello softness!  And nightstands.  With lamps.  We have never owned nightstands.  Um, where have I been and why didn't I get them sooner?  I have been reading by flashlight and putting my books on the floor for years!  I also spray painted my headboard and dresser black to match the nightstands and I must say I am very happy with the results. 

On an unrelated topic, I need your help!  I need new jeans.  I have worn my current jeans to death, patched them and worn the patch job to death.  I loved these jeans.  I looked good in them.  Good enough to buy two pair exactly the same and now they are both beyond saving.  Here's where you come in!  I need you to tell me about your jeans.  Where you got them.  Why you love them.  How they work miracles and make you look 20 pounds thinner than you are.  Okay, not the last part.  I am realistic here.  I won't be starting a modeling career any time soon.  I am an unfortunate apple shape which means even at my thinnest, my waist is nonexistent.  So help a girl out.  Send me to the right place to find a pair of jeans I can love.

11 comments:

Hansens said...

Love it!

Melissa Jones said...

beautiful bedroom Alta!
on the jeans.... good luck!

Rebecca said...

I'm no expert, but I like Levis mid-rise straight leg jeans.
Good luck!
I love the red accents in your bedroom. Red is such a strong color, but you've managed to make it look very warm and cozy.

Heather S. said...

Your room looks awesome! It doesn't even look like your room and it doesn't have the basement feel to it anymore. I am very impressed! I like it a lot!

Jo Lynn said...

OH my gosh your room looks incredible, love black and red....red curtains are AWESOME! I cherish my bedside lamp and my nightstand my brother made for me in high school to put all my books on. Glad you have one now.

I'm not sure if you've ever seen that show where the guy takes woman and makes them look good naked...well in a bra and underwear. He does a great job and he works with New York & Company and inside the store they have picks of this guy that he would recommend to make ya look skinny and have the right fit. I love their clothes...check it out. Best of luck on the jean hunt!

@emllewellyn said...

WE HAVE THOSE VERY NIGHTSTANDS!! Love them. And I want that headboard. Want want want. Congratulations on your new bedroom.

Sandi said...

I love woman within .com. They have great jeans. My favorite are "mainstreet blues" bootleg. Anyway, this is a great web site - very addicting! Good luck!

Jan said...

AWESOME!!!!!! Good for you.l

regina said...

i love my jeans, they are sweats disguised as jeans and are fabulous!!! and you bedroom is a total love shack now. my word verification is laxin....coincidence? i think not....

Heather M said...

Alta, I LOVE the bedroom.

As for jeans (my fellow apple), I find that Gap jeans fit me better than any others. I don't know why that is, but I have to much waist and very little rear-end! Now, if you come across those jeans that make you look 20 pounds thinner, I'm in, so let me know! Gap jeans just seem to be right for my body. Old Navy is too small in the waist and big in the hips. Levis are just too tight around the whole midsection and too baggie at the bottom. So check sales at the Gap and check out sales at J Jill, too. They also have clothes/pants/jeans that I love. Now if only I could find some good tops, because my top floor is busting at the seams!!!

Becca said...

I like Old Navy jeans, classic rise.