Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas...

...is a hard time of year.



We miss loved ones who have died or are estranged from us.  We are faced with pressure to give our children the perfect holiday.  We have mounting bills and dwindling money.  We remember sorrows that weigh down our hearts.

I feel weighed down this year.  It has been hard for me to find peace this holiday.  I am so grateful for family and friends who lift me up when the road is rough.

It is hard to feel what Christmas is all about.

So in the words of Linus:



May your holiday be filled with peace and good will.

9 comments:

LeMira said...

Love you, Alta . . .

La La Land said...

Even though we are celebrating the birth of the Savior, I hope you feel the peace of the Atonement during such a hard time. Sending lots of love your way.

Jo Lynn said...

Merry Christmas to your sweet family, like La la land said, may you feel the Savior's atonement during hard times!

scrambled brains said...

I hope and pray that your hearts and spirits will be lifted; if it's any comfort, I feel that you have much happiness to look forward to in the near future. You and Scott are amazing people--the kind I want to emulate, the kind I am privileged to know! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I love Linus. I also love you Alta.

B. Perky said...

I sense that you have the wisdom to know what is important. Allow yourself to feel the Lord's arms wrapped around you. The Spirit is called the comforter for a good reason, it's like having your favorite blanket over your shoulders. Praying we can all find divine peace in a chaotic world.

a little music said...

Be at peace. All is well.

Yennigirl said...

Hope you were able to find peace before the end of the year! This too shall pass . . .

Janice said...

I find it interesting that the first words of the angels were "Fear not." So often I cannot find peace because I let fear take over. Focusing on the "good tidings" and pushing out the fear (of not being good enough or having enough or whatever) helps me to find peace.

And yet, it is still hard to find peace when we are living with the open maw of loss. Over time, i've learned that if I focus on the Savior and his atonement (that not only covered my mistakes/sins but also can cover and heal my pain) that I am eventually able to be at peace once again.

Hold on. The peace will come.

I love you, Alta.