When we get to the pearly gates will St. Peter ask us
What was your stance on big government?
or
How much did you do for the poor and needy?
Why are we okay with paying taxes to support public school for kids we will never meet, highways we will never drive, national parks we will never visit, police to protect us from criminals who will never attack us personally (and prisons to put them in),
but when it comes to health care it is just "too socialist" to make changes?
Just curious...

6 comments:
Amen, Alta. Why are we so afraid to take a step forward that will help the people who aren't "using" the system, people who are working hard to try to make their lives and the lives of their children better? I am one that has practically free health care and I am very happy this passed. I don't know what is in store before us now, but something needed to change. We needed to stop listening to the special interest groups (why were we listening to the insurance companies anyway?) and making this country better. Fingers crossed that it was a step in the right direction.
Personally, I am somewhat ashamed of how my party has behaved, trying to block this legislation and fearing any change. I don't know what this legislation will truly bring, but I think I am ready to try it and see.
I guess I don't have a problem with people disagreeing or opposing change, but I didn't hear a different proposal being put forward by the dissenters. Something has to change. If you aren't going to help shape that change, then at least get out of the way!
Well put! I may ask some of my friends the same questions. :)
Great post! I personally am really tired of the fear mongering that is going on. Just let something change already
Man Alta you said exactly what I was thinking! It's terrible, all I have heard all day is how angry everyone is... Goodness gracious let's help people!
I wish it were that easy. We shall see. (My perspective from a major medical center on the west coast.)
Post a Comment