Saturday, March 6, 2010

Mountains of laundry

I have never been good at "housekeeping".  I'm just going to admit that right now.  I am intimidated by people who have homes that are almost always tidy.  I have to avoid blogs which show only pictures of perfect cleanliness.  I don't think I have ever had an organized home.  Ever.  There are always stacks to be sorted/cleaned/put away/thrown out.

One of my least favorite jobs is folding laundry.  I'm pretty good at keeping it flowing through the wash/dry cycle of life but once it hits the clean pile, it tends to sit.

mount olaundryus

Honestly, laundry is an infuriating chore anyway.  It is just not possible to get it completely done...

10 comments:

Wendy said...

Alta.....that is why I plan my pictures so you don't see my piles of crap.....I am so with you on this one!

scrambled brains said...

I am a miscreant of a housekeeper. A sorry confession for a Mormon girl :). I have molehills of junk throughout my house that I am always trying to eliminate, but then I go thrifting to accumulate more. I blame it all on the smallness of my house, which I think is partly truth but mostly fiction.

Bear and Stephy said...

What is it about laundry that's so horrible? Is it the fact that it's never done? Is it the fact that it will NEVER be done? Luckily for me, Chad will fold (he washes, too) while he watches TV. I have, in turned, agreed to clean the rest of the house. I hate it, too!

Heather M said...

Alta, I could have written the exact same thing!!! Seriously, I am staring at a pile of clean, but unfolded laundry right now. I'm going to try to enlist some help, but man it's hard to get rid of that pile! Honestly, it's refreshing to see that someone else is like me. I will never win any housekeeping awards. I organize with piles. I do the bare minimum, and after spending a good amount of time cleaning, to do the same thing the next day--well, I just can't face that! So here's to the piles we live with! I completely understand!

Heather M said...

Oh, and I have to agree with "scrambled brains" comment--I always use the "my house just isn't big enough" excuse. Lord help me if I ever move into a bigger house! :)

regina said...

whites. i hate whites the most.

Aim said...

I totally do the same thing, the most organized that I get is that I have a clean clothes basket for each kid, so when they need something to wear I tell them to go and look in their basket. The clothes that are in their drawers are usually never worn or too small. The last couple of weeks I have had laundry trauma, the washer broke and the replacement isn't going to be here until Tues. So I have mounds and mounds of dirty laundry too. That replacement better not be late we are running out of clean clothes.

Aim said...

Oh and I too totally plan my pictures where the clutter can't be seen.

Morgan Moore said...

Laundry is the worst- the absolute, absolute worst.

Post-it Note said...

i sit here, 2 feet from my current clean laundry pile and i think i would rather take a picture of it to blog-response to you than fold it and put it away. why is it so hard?! ah! i think b/c it's never-ending