Saturday, June 5, 2010

crazy cat lady

I had a conversation a while back with my friend Julie about blogging and how I've been neglectful of my blog the last few months.  I was explaining how I have a lot of things I want to say but when I speak my mind (no matter how kind I try to be) people get mad at me and send me mean e-mails because I don't usually agree with the conservative majority around here (Glenn Beck lovers, you should really consider a new mascot, the man is CRAZY!).

So I've been avoiding any real topics like illegal immigration, religion, politics, mistreatment of family members, etc. and the only other thing I could think to blog about is the cat.  I told Julie I didn't want to be one of those people who blogs all the time about the cat.  She was worried because she blogs sometimes about their family dog.  Somehow blogging about your dog seems a lot less lame...

Oh well.  Our cat is funny.


Celeborn's bed is his favorite spot in the house.  He even sleeps upside-down.  He has figured out that Eomer and Aragorn aren't allowed in Celeborn's room so when they are trying to catch him he dashes in Celeborn's door until just out of reach and then looks at them tauntingly.


He likes to sit and wait for you on the stairs so he can attack you as you walk up.


Look at those evil eyes!



And he climbs the carpeted wall.  Sometimes to skip climbing the stairs, other times to just hang there and stare at you.

But I like him so much more than I thought I would.  He is snuggly and doesn't say mean things.

7 comments:

Christie said...

I love the cat stuff. Remember a long, long time ago when one of your family's cats climbed into the dryer and your mom turned it on? Long story short...the cat didn't survive, and your mom had to throw away all the clothes. She and I laughed and cried about it for days.

Oh, and I agree, Glenn Beck is completely nuts, and those who support him would probably send me nasty e-mails, too! :-)

Christie said...

I should clarify my previous comment...your mom had no idea that the cat climbed into the dryer. :-)

Bear and Stephy said...

We had a cat when we were little, but this cat did say mean things... via my mother talking for it. One time it was sitting on her lap and called her fat. The cat got kicked off.

Julie said...

You should always say what you want on your blog! For sure! Just put a picture of your cat on every post to throw the critics off! I hate seeing your blog at the bottom of my "friends" list because you haven't posted anything new! I miss you even though I can see your house from my back yard!

Diana said...

Wow, i've got to say that i'm glad you prepared us with this post about your cat. If I ever happened to be at your house and saw your cat hang on the wall i'd probably scream and then possibly fall down the remaining stairs. =)

Corinne said...

Oh Alta! You make me laugh like nobody's business! And I completely agree, I find Glen Beck a little frightening and a lot crazy.

Janice said...

Watch out. I might start a blog about my dogs. Maybe it'd make people happy like your blog about your cat did me. (Please don't remind me that I'm an English major.)