So the kids and I joined my friend Nicole and her kids for an excursion to Monterey, CA. I forgot my camera cord so you will have to wait for photos. But I thought I would give you some highlights so far even if I can't load magical beach photos to show you.
-Five bickering kids and two moms. I remember when I had five kids by myself while I was being a foster parent and I'm not sure how I survived! Tattling is the WORST!!! But minivans are the BEST!!!
-The beach is HOME! I cry every time we come because I finally feel at home and I cry when I leave because I don't know how long it will be until I get back.
-Aragorn is a bed hog. Seriously.
-Nicole and I were hanging out the other night in the master bathroom because every other room had kids sleeping in it and I was laughing so hard I peed my pants. Really. The night before that we hung out in the walk in closet but it was too stuffy. But the peeing of pants was a one time issue (so far).
-Celeborn is seriously the perfect child. He is so helpful and obedient. I am so glad that he finally caught a wave back to shore so he didn't have to be rescued by the lifeguard. It was a close call. No really, the lifeguard drove over...
-It is wrong on so many levels that there are no Trader Joe's in Utah.
-The sand on the beach gets washed smooth every twelve hours. Life is like that if we want it to be.
We can always wipe the slate clean and start over.
We can always wipe the slate clean and start over.

3 comments:
So jealous that I'm not on a beach, but glad that you guys are having fun. I can't say I wish I had been a witness to the peeing of the pants, but it is quite humorous. Only other women would get it.
This explains why Nicole didn't answer any of her phones when I called. Glad you guys are having fun.
~Christy
There are no trader joe's in Utah?!? why did i not know this? this is a travisty on many levels and we need to write letters to the powers that be in order to have it corrected. also, monterey is amazing. We have the aquarium pass and I never get tired of using it. glad you were able to get in a little vacation!
Celeborn almost got washed out to sea? Geez. I remember Scout almost drowned the first time we were in Monterey because she thought she saw a mermaid & wanted to get closer. Good times.
Post a Comment