Saturday, April 30, 2011

Best day EVER!

Yesterday was Scott's graduation from UVU.  It was a wonderful, although cold and super snowy day.

Thank you

to everyone who shared this day with us and to all of you who helped him get to this point.  We are so lucky to have so many wonderful people in our lives!



And just to make sure we know how awesome he is, before the day was over, Scott was offered a full time teaching position at Freedom Academy in Provo!  An actual salary!  Insurance!  401K!  It has been 6 1/2 years since we enjoyed these "luxuries"!

Scott had the privilege of performing at his graduation.  If you would like to see his performance, here it is!  Just promise you won't judge my camera skills.  The lighting was terrible and the camera sometimes got confused about focus.  At least I used a tripod so it shouldn't make you motion sick...


In other news, it was also my 36th birthday and I'm telling you, the graduation and job were the best presents I've ever received!

8 comments:

Heidi Grover said...

Hey, that's where my nieces go to school! So awesome!

Heather M said...

Wow, that is awesome about the job offer! Congratulations and Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

What a relief! What a charmed life that Scott leads. And today off to London right? It's hard to be friends with someone you kind of hate. Haha! I kid I kid!

Julie said...

Oh Alta! That's wonderful!!!! Sorry we missed the party but we thought about your family all day! I have a birthday gift for you too...nothing compared to what you already got though! What a great day for you! 401k even??? Awesome!

Diana said...

Congratulations Alta! I am so happy for you both. You and your family deserve the best!

Heather S. said...

Yay, congrats and happy birthday again. :)

Bill Cobabe said...

The Band of Brothers speech is my absolute favorite part of my absolute favorite play. AWESOME! Nice job, Scott. And thanks, Alta, for posting this. Scott's so amazing!

Anonymous said...

Come on Alta! More posts! I want to see how you're coping with Scott being gone plus school plus three kids! You are amazing!