Friday, May 20, 2011

Just admit you were wrong!

I believe in admitting when I am wrong and apologizing as needed.  It is ridiculous and unnecessary to be the person who is never wrong.  "I'm sorry" may not take away the damage, but it can help.

On that note...

I may have stated in the recent past that the soundtrack in Hell would be a Jr. High band concert.  I stand corrected.

I would like to apologize to all Jr. High band students and their amazing instructors.

Celeborn's 8th grade band concert ROCKED!  They were so great!  Not only did I not want to stick pencils in my ears, I enjoyed the performance! 

I get it now.
I get why a teacher would want to do this every day.  Seeing how far these kids have come in just 2 school years is amazing.  Thank you Mr. Booth and thank you to all teachers (band or otherwise) who believe in the potential of our kids and truly love helping them through the most awkward phase of their lives.



Go Celeborn!

2 comments:

Scott M. Stringham said...

I wish I were there to see it!

Heather M said...

I'm all for learning music and concerts and such! However, I would like to add that my version of hell does indeed include a high school marching band. Having lived next to a high school for a bit where the marching band practiced in the street (literally outside my bedroom window), I believe it can be quite annoying! I'll let you know if I ever need to apologize for that statement!
But seriously, what instrument did Celeborn play? My oldest, Brendan, will be starting Jr. High next year and wants to start an instrument! How can we be old enough to have jr. high kids????