Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hey, a new post!

Hi blog!  It's been a while.

You probably think I've been avoiding you.

You're right!  But I have a good reason.  Keep reading and I'll tell you...

It's been a crazy summer.

I finished my Pathophysiology class, which was just as hard as it sounds, and I got a B which I am really happy about!

We celebrated the Fourth of July.



Eomer turned 9!

Scott made a movie with the kids which included a scene at the local little airport.

Scott started a new job teaching 7th graders at Freedom Academy in Provo.

Eomer got his Wolf badge in Cub Scouts.

School started.

Celeborn turned 14 and got exactly what he wanted for his birthday (nerd).

And the big news?  The reason I avoided the blog all summer?

I'm pregnant.

I spent the summer nauseous and worried.

But, I made it past my usual miscarriage point and everything looks really good with the baby so it looks like this is happening!

I made it to the end of the first trimester and I'm due the beginning of March.  Right in the middle of my 4th semester of nursing school.

Yes, it's horrible timing but we'll make it work.

And no, this was not a planned pregnancy...

Oops!

11 comments:

Rebecca said...

What an amazing year- watching friends who suffered with infertility for so many years- get pregnant and have babies! Just thinking about it makes me get all emotional and teary. Happy doesn't even describe it. I'm excited, elated and overjoyed for you, Alta. My heartfelt congratulations to you and Scott!

Hansens said...

OH MY GOSH!!! This news made me cry!! I am so happy for you guys. Things are happening for you guys finally. Now let's just hope it a girl ;-)

Heather M said...

Wow, that is amazing! I hope everything goes well throughout the remainder of the pregnancy. That's really exciting! Congratulations!

Caitlin said...

Alta! Congratulations! I'll be praying for you, that baby, and the rest of your family. Sounds Like you guys are getting exactly what you deserve.

La La Land said...

Alta, congratulations to you and Scott! Fingers crossed that all goes well. :)

Aim said...

WooHoo! I'm so excited for you! I hope everything goes well with this pregnancy for you!

scrambled brains said...

I think this pregnancy is the coolest thing! You guys have definitely had an eventful summer--such great things for such a great family. Thank you for coming to Corinne's farewell and for the CamelBak you gave her. You guys are the best!!

LeMira said...

If I didn't think that I would freak Jackson out, I'd be hollering, screaming, and jumping like a crazy woman!!!!!! I'm so FREAKIN' excited for this news, Alta. AAAAAAAAAA!!!! Congratulations.

Heather S. said...

Yay, hopefully no worries now! :)

Carmen said...

Sooo exciting! That is really great news :)

Diana said...

I am so very happy for you all. Good Luck with the juggling of everything. You are going to rock being a new mom again!