Wednesday, November 2, 2011

November is for gratitude

November is a good month to focus on the things we are grateful for.

So this month I am going to play the gratitude game again.

I did it before to get me through another particularly difficult month...

So again, I will probably not blog every day but I will be blogging at least 30 things I am grateful for.

#1 Scott.
Yep, he's at the top of the list again.  He is so loving and supportive.  He is the reason I survive all of the craziness that comes in life.  His hugs have healing properties.  Really.

#2 Medication

I know, I should list my kids and family and friends next right?

Well, I'm telling you right now, the only reason I am surviving this is because of my medication.  And I went to the doctor today to get more, because I am slipping into the deep, dark place and I don't want to.  I know enough to ask for help.  And guess what?  We live in a time when medication is available to help us. Sure, I could get through this without it (maybe) but at what expense?  Would you choose to have surgery without any pain meds?  Women choose epidurals for childbirth all the time and we don't tell them that they should tough it out because they will survive.  If I do this without help I may lose everything I love and everything I have worked for.

Not worth it.

Today miracles sometimes come in the form of medical intervention.

2 comments:

Hansens said...

Totally agree. I just recently dived into the medicating world again ;-)

Janice LeFevre said...

Yep. Yep.