Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Britton



2003 ~ 2011

Britton Kieth Ivie passed away on December 3, 2011 at Utah Valley Regional Medical Center. Britton was born on December 28, 2003 in Provo Utah. Britton's sister Morgan says he was a great kid and we all agree. He loved to be with his families and friends. Britton loved to ride his bike, play with his toys, and make anything out of Lego's. He had a special gift of making friends everywhere he went. Everyone who met him loved him instantly. Britton touched many lives and has left a legacy of stories and smiles that we will cherish forever.

He is survived by his older sister Morgan Luva Ivie, and two younger brothers Tyler Ryan Ivie, and Jackson Raleigh Ivie, his father Ervin Buddy Ivie, his mother Keli Johnson Ivie, Grandparents Kieth and Sharlotte Ivie of Riverton Wyoming, Christine Hiatt Johnson of Springville, Utah, Great Grandparents Beth Smoot Johnson of Springville. He was preceded in death by his Grandfather Michael Edwin Johnson of Springville, Great Grandparents, Edwin Junior Johnson of Springville, Dean Luther and Luva Dawn Hiatt of Payson.

Funeral Services will be held on Thursday December 8, 2011 at 10:00 am at the Kolob 8th Ward building 400 East 800 South, Springville, Utah. A viewing will be held on Wednesday December 7, 2011 from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm at Wheeler Mortuary in Springville and at 9:00 am to 10:00 am at the Kolob 8th Ward Building.

In lieu of flowers a fund has been set up at any Mountain America Credit Union under Britton Ivie Memorial Fund.

Scott and I teach a primary class for kids ages 7 & 8 at our church every Sunday and Britton was in our class.  He was such a kick!  He loved to joke and be silly but he also knew when to be serious and always had the most amazing answers to questions.  The first week he was in our class, in January, I asked the kids to draw a picture of themselves choosing the right.  Britton immediately responded, with a smile, "or... a picture of myself being crushed by a piano."  I knew from the moment I met him that he was a great kid.

I am so grateful for the love and support we have had through the last few months.  We have had several really tough things happen.  But as hard and confusing and sad as things have been, I have found peace and comfort as I am lifted by those around me.

Thank you.

And thank you for keeping Buddy and Keli, Jordan and Julie, and Kyle and Kami in your thoughts and prayers as well.

4 comments:

Sandi said...

I am so sorry. My heart is just aching.

Janice LeFevre said...

Praying for all of you. Love you!

Rebecca said...

What a cute kid. He and Aragorn look like they could be brothers. I love the story of him drawing the picture of being crushed by a piano- that's classic.
I'm glad that, despite all the crap you are dealing with, you are feeling loved and supported. I hope it continues to get easier. Cy and Piper have been talking about what they can do to help Aragorn feel better when you guys come out. They have lots of plans!
See you soon!
*b

LeMira said...

If there's anything I know, that family will be loved and embraced by their neighbors and church family. I'll keep them in my prayers.