Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Weekend

We started our Memorial weekend on Sunday evening at Jonah's grave. We left the dinosaurs which Jonah would love since his dad digs for their bones.


We followed that with a visit to Britton where we enjoyed a fantastic view of the mountains.


Monday found us in Spanish Fork visiting my paternal grandparents. My grandma died right after my parents were married and my grandpa died when I was one. Since I am named after her, I am curious about what she was like (everyone always says she was a wonderful woman so I feel like I have a lot to live up to).



We always go find grandpa's flag. He was a Major in WWII.


After the cemetery we always stop for twist cones at Glade's. A tradition I am happy to pass to my boys.


This summer marks 10 years since Scott's dad died. Amazing how it feels like yesterday and forever ago at the same time.


I am always grateful that Memorial Day is a reminder to share our appreciation for the men and women who sacrifice by serving in the armed forces.  And a good day to think about our family and friends on the other side.


No comments: