Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mother's Day

So, it's Mother's Day... It's funny how Mother's Day is supposed to be this nice day for moms. Usually it ends up being like any other day. Now don't get me wrong, I am glad there is a day to celebrate the women in our lives, it's just hard to enjoy it when you spend it with a screaming baby at church or vacuuming a whole box of cereal off the carpet or washing every dish in the kitchen (and your sheets) because the kids "helped" make breakfast and brought it to you in bed. Not that I would know... And don't even get me started on how hard Mother's Day is when you aren't a mom despite years of fertility shots (that's right my friends, SHOTS, you know, with NEEDLES!)Here are my monkeys at the San Francisco Zoo in October. I really do love them even though they are definitely the source of my growing population of gray hairs. Our two youngest boys joined our family just before Mother's Day four years ago. Time sure flies...


And look! I actually have a photo of me that I don't hate! Yay!

So happy Mother's Day to all of the women in my life. Do something nice for yourself this next week. You deserve it! (And let's be honest, you may not get what you want today...)

1 comment:

Yennigirl said...

So, how was your Mothers Day this year? I have found that if I don't have any expectations, then the day turns out great!! :)