On the plane ride over I didn't barf! Yay for me... I wore my motion sickness patch and it worked pretty well. Fast forward to about Thursday and I realized I couldn't read. Seriously, I had to hold things at least 2 feet away in order to read them. It turns out blurry vision is a side effect of wearing the patch for long periods of time. Nice. So off it came and my eyes work again. I will put it back on to fly again but not leave it on for more than 2 days. Good thing standing in the tube doesn't make me as sick as sitting...
Now on to bigger and better...
Friday night we went to Donmar Warehouse and saw an amazing production of The Chalk Garden. Before the show we went to Neal's Yard, a funny little street nearby...
Saturday morning, after literally peeling ourselves out of bed at 10:30 (we are so pooped!), we took a tube ride to Camden town. Now, I'm sure I would have felt differently 15 years ago, but the open market at Camden Lock is a great place to
1) relive your teenage angst,
2) have your pocket picked (really, I saw a guy chasing a woman pickpocket down), or
3) find good deals if you are willing to put up with 1 and 2. We were not in the mood so we didn't stay long...
1) relive your teenage angst,
2) have your pocket picked (really, I saw a guy chasing a woman pickpocket down), or
3) find good deals if you are willing to put up with 1 and 2. We were not in the mood so we didn't stay long...
Then the Victoria and Albert Museum...
Next we tromped all over town, because tromping all over museums wasn't enough...

3 comments:
CRAZY about the motion patch!!! Who needs to be able to see well anyway? You guys might be having too much fun...way jealous over here. I love the picture of the two of you!
Alta--that picture of you is gorgeous! I love all those museums, how fun! I'm really glad you didn't barf on the plane. I can't believe the tube doesn't make you sick! Keep having fun and remember to "mind the gap"--we wouldn't want to lose you!
still loving the updates. You are literally squeezing everything in! By the time you leave you could probably take a side job as a tour guide!
Post a Comment