Wednesday, September 2, 2009

And the winner is...

...ME!


Hello hottieboombalattie!

Sorry, you probably didn't even know there was a contest.

Okay, now the serious discussion (don't worry, I'm sick of talking about me). I've been thinking a lot lately about marriage, my husband, and the way we all treat each other.

I read part of a great article posted by my friend Lisa at Light Refreshments Served, which is a blog I enjoy. The article talks about divorce and making the choice to make our marriages work. I was particularly struck by one of the comments posted by another reader:

"...we take our commitment to Keeping the Word of Wisdom so seriously, but we take no thought to selfishly mistreating our spouse".

We're all guilty of treating each other poorly. We all have less than stellar moments where we are less than kind to the people we love. I'll be the first one to admit that I am far from perfect. But I really do try to treat Scott respectfully and I think I do a much better job now than I did when we were first married.

Scott is really one of the kindest, most thoughtful men I know. He never makes rude or derogatory comments to or about me. He takes such good care of me. Sometimes I feel like I don't deserve how kind he is to me but you know what? I do deserve it. We all do.

Here is the link to Lisa's blog post.

16 comments:

Angela Beth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jo Lynn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
@emllewellyn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
La La Land said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
A Few Tacos Shy... said...

I would like to state in these comments my apology for hurting the feelings of someone I love. This was not my intention as I wrote this post. I have removed the situation I related and hope that my most recent post along with the personal apology I sent to that person conveys my regret. I am so sorry.

A Few Tacos Shy... said...

In an effort to remove any identifying information related to the person whose feelings I hurt, I have deleted all comments from this post.