Thursday, September 3, 2009

My apologies

I would like to publicly apologize.

I apparently misinterpreted what I saw. I know that the couple I mentioned in last night's post tease each other a lot. It makes me uncomfortable because I wouldn't like to be teased that way but it is not my place to judge what goes on between a husband and wife. Again, I am sorry that I mis-read the situation and that I allowed my personal feelings to get in the way.

I also apologize that the couple I mentioned felt that my post about marriage was an attack on them personally. After reading my friend Lisa's post, and the thinking I have been doing lately about the way I treat my husband, I wanted to write some of my feelings about marriage, and Scott, and how he is so kind to me even when I am crabby with him. I did not mean to make anyone feel like I was comparing relationships by stating how wonderful mine is or implying that I am somehow better. I have much to learn and improve in my life and will be the first one to give you the long list of my shortcomings. My only hope is to try to be a better person today than I was yesterday.

Some days I succeed, often I don't.

5 comments:

Leah said...

wow... who knew that loving your husband would strike up such controversy? I am grateful for Scott as well, he is a wonderful husband and dad. It is so nice to see people who really love each other and make things work even when life is tough, because seriously life can be tough! Plus you totally deserve it Alta...

scrambled brains said...

Alta,
It takes a lot of courage to apologize, to admit you got something wrong and I have always known you to do that--unfortunately, there is no turning back time, we can only move forward. You've done your best to make it right, now forgive yourself and move on!
Love you,
Heidi

Leah said...

just to clarify you deserve the good husband... not the controversy...

And I agree with Heidi about the courage.

linda said...

alta -- you're awesome! hello. i love the "things my friends are doing" list and, so, i copied the idea. thanks! i hope you and the fam are doing well.

love linda

Jo Lynn said...

You are brave for publicly apologizing and admitting your wrongs, I admire your courage! Heidi as always puts things so well.

It to shall pass.