Since Scott made the decision to pursue a degree in script writing, we have been watching many movies. He gets to learn more about what works in a story by analyzing the characters and how they interact and what patterns the story follows. We get to spend time together too which is a nice bonus considering our hectic schedules.
A few months ago we watched what is now one of my favorite movies, Once.
A few months ago we watched what is now one of my favorite movies, Once.

On top of being an excellent movie with a great story,
the music is just beautiful.
I want to share the lyrics from one of the songs (Falling Slowly) as it has had particular meaning lately.
I don't know you
But I want you
All the more for that
Words fall through me
And always fool me
And I can't react
And games that never amount
To more than they're meant
Will play themselves out
Take this sinking boat and point it home
We've still got time
Raise your hopeful voice you have a choice
You'll make it now
Falling slowly, eyes that know me
And I can't go back
Moods that take me and erase me
And I'm painted black
You have suffered enough
And warred with yourself
It's time that you won
Take this sinking boat and point it home
We've still got time
Raise your hopeful voice you have a choice
You'll make it now
Falling slowly sing your melody
I'll sing along

6 comments:
I watched the trailer and it looks like a really good movie! Oh and I love the song!
it is simple guitar, piano, strings and in the movie when they sing it and realize there is something there....OH...i LOVE LOVE LOVED it.
I love Once! It is amazing and really just makes you feel, you feel everything.
They have a new album coming out! Oct. 27! Wish they were coming to SF. If we didn't have kids, we'd drive down to L.A. to see them.
love ya,
b.
I'll have to watch it and what a great reason to snuggle up and watch a movie together!
Alta, Swell Season (Glen Hasgard and Marketa Irglova) posted more tour dates today.
Saturday 11/28/09
Salt Lake City, UT
Jeanne Wagner Theatre
Address: 138 W 300 S
Time: 8:00pm.
Age restrictions: All Ages.
Presale Tickets . TBA
General Onsale Tickets . TBA
love ya, b.
Post a Comment