Some days after the boys leave for school I go back to bed. It is this really indulgent thing that I love to do for myself. I haven't been able to do it since classes started in January because my schedule is so full. But today I did and it was wonderful.
I also ate sugar cookies for breakfast. Yesterday too.
We made them with friends Tuesday night.
Valentine's Day has become a family/friend dinner and cookie decorating night with friends and I find it is far superior to squeezing into a restaurant and/or movie with millions of other couples.
...
I'm at this moment in my life where things are considerably easier with the kids in that they can do a lot for themselves. They bathe and dress themselves, can manage most simple types of food, and are even old enough to stay home with Celeborn in charge.
I am really enjoying the freedom.
As sad as I am that having a baby didn't work out, I am grateful for this time in my life where I still get to enjoy my kids but do not spend every waking moment worrying about their needs.


2 comments:
Hurray Valentine's Day is finally something to look forward to! I just love you Alta.
Fabulous idea!
Post a Comment