Friday, March 9, 2012

Just another day...

Today is March 9th, what would have been my due date.

Odd.

Let me give you some (unsolicited) advice:

If someone you love has a miscarriage, the time around when they are due is often the hardest. They see or hear about babies who are born at that time and yet their arms are empty.

Once my due date was my birthday.
That pretty much sucked.

I have felt so loved the last few weeks as this time approached. I have had some hard days. The other day I was watching Celeborn, my only biological child, and couldn't help but think that we almost had another him. It made me sad because he is so great.

I used to hate women who could reproduce successfully but I have learned that it is so unproductive to hold my personal sorrow against someone who has not had the same experience.

Besides, as Julie put it, none of us are immune to sorrow.

6 comments:

Holly Grow said...

Love you and will be thinking of you today.

Nicole B. said...

Love you Alta!

Heather S. said...

Love you! Thanks for being my support even when you are having a ruff time. :)

Heather S. said...

*rough...I don't even know what I was thinking when I wrote that, haha.

Several Simmering Pots said...

It was so good to talk to you the other day on the phone. I have really missed our talks & love you so very much!

P.S. Stop being so awesome. You're making the rest of us look bad. XOXO

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Love you Alta. I hope you are doing good. I'm sad I missed this. I hope the rest of March is kind to you.